Thursday, September 15, 2016

5 Healthy on the Water Snacks



Ever get the munchies?  I know I do!  Especially since I started working out and eating well it seems like I am constantly snacking throughout the day.  Needless to say when I’m spending hours on the water I get hungry.  Here are some healthy snacks that work great when you are on the water and keep you on your diet.


Apples
  Red Delicious, Honey Crisp, Gala, or any others for that matter.  Apples are a fantastic quick and easy snack to have while you are on the water.  Not only are they easy to eat they provide you with some hydration!  


Seeds
  Snacking on seeds while on the water is a great way to keep to enjoy a simple snack and get some fiber and healthy fats.  Pick your favorite ones and snack away!  My favotires are roasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.  Especially the non shelled sunflower seeds.  Grab a mouth full and keep on fishing and/or paddling away!



Nuts
  Nuts are a great source of protein and healthy fats.  Plus they are a quick and easy snack when you are paddling and/or fishing!  The biggest thing is to try to stay away from the salted variety.  Try to grab lightly salted or just plain roasted.  Even Honey Roasted works well.  Some of my favorites are peanuts and almonds.


Carrots
  Grab some baby carrots! You only get in a vegetable but have a fun finger food snack. I portion some out in a bag when I know I'm going to need a snack and put it next to my kayak seat and snack away.  It’s easy to quick grab one in between paddle strokes or casts.  You can keep on munching and paddling/fishing.


Granola Bars
  Granola Bars are one of the easiest snacks to grab on the go and are a great source of fiber, protein, and much more!  There are many on the market but not all of them are healthy.  The tricky part is finding one that fits your tastes and needs.  If you rather not shop, you can always make some at home and bring them with you.  Just search the internet and you can find lots of recipes.  So find or make your ideal ones and snack away! Here is one of my favorites (Energy Ball) https://youtu.be/Jxk-6mjZN6U

No comments:

Post a Comment